Friday, September 16, 2011

New Beginnings.....

So, I know we have all hadnew beginnings in our life, a crossroads of a sort....it is always hard to explain the feelings....excitement, concern, tiring, challenging, along with so many other emotions. But, If you are like me....that is what you like about it. It brings out feelings you don't always experience during your day to day life. Like most new beginnings, you have to overcome some doubt as well. While learning to climb mountains with my husband, we both felt some doubt that we weren't good enough, or strong enough. What I am learning through these experiences is that it doesn't matter what your limitations are, or what other people have accomplished in that field of expertise.... it's what you get out of the experience that matters. When we climb, we go the highest we can, we learn the skills we want, and we enjoy the moments we have. Now that I realize this, I look forward to ever moment, even the difficult ones..... where we feel like we can't take another step, take another deep breath, or lift another backpack....and we enjoy that moment! That is what matters.
Well, here I am at the beginning of something else...my nature photography business. I have the same "new" doubts, fears, and thoughts. Can I do this? Am I good enough? Will I be able to do it? As I begin my online courses this week, I am excited to learn from the professionals. And, I wonder what is in store for me again. Good news is....I know that no matter what happens...I will go as far as I can, learn the skills I want, and enjoy every moment of it. I am so excited to learn something new and challenge myself. I hope to have some new skills to soon share with my friends and family. And that is what will make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment